Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ok, I never claimed to be a scrap booker, or a face booker, or a myspacer, or a blogger for that matter. Be satisfied that you have pictures. I feel a sense of accomplishment just having it done. Hopefully now that I have a computer that will cooperate with me again, I should be able to post things more frequently...though with school starting in a week, and Gabe continuously out of town, I won't make any promises.

Anyway, here are some pictures of our summer vacation that we took at the very beginning of the summer. We went to Minnesotta, Montana, North and South Dakota, and I think that's it. And here's the kicker...we drove. I realized many things on this trip. Here are a few.
  1. Sam only speaks while screaming
  2. Shauna is the most patient mother on the planet
  3. If you needed to go to the bathroom really bad and a rest stop wasn't around for miles, it's good to have diapers in your car...not that we used them, I'm just saying.
  4. My kids did much better during a 4-5 day road trip than I ever would have done at their age.
  5. The United States doesn't seem quite so unattainable now that we've driven all of these places in such a short amount of time, and
  6. We were truly missing out on a side of the Pickerings we don't get here in Idaho. That side was the side that entertained us, made our stay feel like we were at home, laughed with us, cried with us, and reminded us that the bond between sisters doesn't disintigrate over state lines. We (the Chapeks) are so thankful that we had this opportunity and will cherish the time that we spent there for a long time.

Here's just a glimpse of some of the fun we had and the places we saw.

1 comment:

The Pick's Patch said...

We LOVED having you here! Reading that made me cry!